May 26, 2007

It Begins

Since we recently got the internet at our house, I have been finding all sorts of ways to use it. One might think I have so much free time to be starting our own family blog, but that's not really the case. I use my valuable window of nap and bedtime to play on the internet. I have worked hard to get past the guilt associated with taking a few minutes to myself while there is cleaning to be done and kids to play with. I find I am a nicer person when I have this time to relax.

Our life at this point consists of many things. We have two little boys, Jarom, 1, and Caleb, 3. Since it's nice outside, I try to take them the the park, zoo or Calaway Park as often as I can. Once winter hits, we are in for some long days at home. It will be easier to go on these outings after Jarom is walking, then he won't eat so much gravel at the park. The other day he was playing in the rocks and I went over to see him. I thought someone had left raisins on the ground and tried to take them away from him. It was only when I got closer that I realized it was actually rabbit poop he was playing with. Ah, the special moments of childhood. Gross.

Speaking of poop, Caleb is getting potty trained and so far it seems to be going well. He is getting the hang of it and I immensely look forward to the day where his bodily waste habits are no longer my concern.

We have bought a rental property out in Airdrie and Kevin is out there pretty much all the time. He is working with his brother (the co-owner) to get the basement looking good so our renter can move in. It has been a lot more work than any of us thought, but we know the sacrifice now will be worth it. Once that is all done, hopefully we can sit back and not worry too much. It makes long days for us and I am looking forward to going out someday soon without the kids, but it's not so bad. I know Kevin misses his family and looks forward to seeing us again. He is such a good guy to work so hard without complaint. I am so glad I married him and appreciate him more all the time. Overall our life is pretty good and we are so glad for all our blessings.

Okay, that was a good first entry I think. Now I better see if anyone reads this before I put anymore up.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Hi Amber - Welcome to the world of blogging. I think it was a great first entry as well and I look forward to more. Have a great day. Sheri.

Anonymous said...

I came. I saw. I think its just more reading. Send me this stuff on facebook. you know who I am.

Unknown said...

just wait for the spam... oh it will come i promise

Anonymous said...

I came and read your blog entry. Now I wait in anticipation of the next one. When will it come? I heard somewhere that you are supposed to blog several times a day but I think that is a little extreme and those people dont have enough to do with their time and should go find a hobby. Once or twice a week should be more than enough. ;)

Itworksforbobbi said...

Yay! Another blog I can visit! Just promise you'll check out mine!