July 7, 2007

Well, after not updating the blog for a long time, I finally remembered to to it. Clearly this internet world is still new to me. Plus, my free time is usually gobbled up by facebook, the time wasting black hole.

Let's see, Caleb is almost potty trained. He is 100% for number ones, but only 10% for number twos. Even still, our diaper budget has gone way down and he is close, oh so close. It's crazy to think he is so grown up already, where did my little baby go?

Speaking of little babies, Jarom is alread 14 months. It really seems like yesterday the little gaffer was born. However, those vivid, painful memories of his birth have faded some. I guess that means he's growing up and we need to start thinking about another baby. But not quite yet. Jarom is a little sick today. He has goopy eyes and a runny nose. The sad part is seeing how sick and yucky he feels, the good part is that he needs extra naps to get better. Being the good mom that I am, I'm doing all I can to make sure he gets his needed sleep.

Today Kevin is out in Airdrie. For those that don't already know, we bought a rental property out there and it is more work than we thought. We are the co-owners of this property with Kevin's brother and wife and the tenants are other members of Kevin's family. Even still, before our last tenant can move in, the basement needs to be finished. What we thought would take a month has stretched into 3 months. It looks absolutely gorgeous down there and Kevin and his brother have done a fantastic job. However, I miss seeing Kevin and the novelty of being home with the kids all day and all evening is starting to wear thin. But, as we keep telling ourselves, it's a small sacrifice now for a big payoff later. Once our last renter moves in, all we have to do is cash the rent checks and do an occasional repair. We can handle that.

Well, that's a summary of my life as of today. I can think of lots more fascniating things about my life, however, I can't overwhelm all you fans at once. I will try to update this again soon, not in two months from now.

3 comments:

Amber Wigg said...

Hooray! Good update! We are thinking of getting into the whole rental thing too...but out east where it is cheaper. I'm not surprised to hear it is a lot of work. Hopefully having family in the units will keep things stable for a while and you wont have them moving in and out:)

Amber Wigg said...

I will never buy my kids an icecream from the icream truck. They are very aware of the icecream truck...but never!!! I cuddled with CLyaton for 5 minutes before he went to bed last week and now I have to lay in his bed for 5 minutes every night. Vicious cycle. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.