July 13, 2007

Updated Again!

Well, for you followers of the Walton family, I am updating our blog again! Let's see, Jarom is still sick and now has a fever too. Like a fever isn't bad enough, but now it's 30 degrees outside as well. The battle for potty training continues, but we are not going to give up hope. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, we'll keep trucking along. Also, the rental house is officially done. Our last renter moved in yesterday and now we can relax. After 3 long, awful months of sacrifice, we can spend time together as a family. It's quite weird actually, to have Kevin home knowing it's not just for one quick night, but forever! Now maybe I can go out childless somewhere, like the grocery store. Oooooh, the fun never ends.

Today was so hot outside and being the heat wimps that we are, found it hard to take. However, my neices and nephew are in town staying with my mom. To beat the heat the kids came over and we splashed in our kiddie sized pool in our kiddie sized yard. The kids had so much fun and I am happy to enjoy summer and not just complain about the heat. Caleb was very hesitant to go in the pool at all, but he didn't mind getting soaked while we threw cups of water at him. I am sure he got more wet that way, but hey, whatever works. We also introduced the kids to the 'ice cream truck'. It came up the road with it's annoying music playing and we bought the kids their treats. My little neices (6 and 4) were astonished, they kept saying "I've never seen an ice cream truck before". The good news is they had fun, the bad news is now Caleb will know what it means when he hears the musical truck coming down the street. Hey, what's summer without ice cream on a hot day? Overall we had so much fun and I am so glad my sister and her family are moving to town. This way we can spend lots of time together and our kids can be friends. I only hope she gets through the move and the arrival of her 4th baby, all happening this month. Yikes.

Well, my kids are sleeping and Kevin is out with his friend. This is very precious time in my life. So rather than trying to think up exciting things to write about, I am going to sign off and go scrapbook. Scrapbooking is my true luxury and ultimate 'me' time. I can get on the computer for a few minutes here or there, but scrapbooking requires uninterrupted, quiet, kidless time, and that, as many know, is a rare commodity. So, dear followers, until next time, good-bye.